150+ Bài tập câu bị động có đáp án từ cơ bản đến nâng cao
Lý thuyết câu bị động
Cách dùng câu bị động
– Câu bị động được dùng khi bạn muốn nhấn mạnh vào hành động trong câu, không muốn nhấn mạnh vào tác nhân gây ra hành động
– Thể bị động được dùng khi ta muốn tỏ ra lịch sự hơn trong một số tình huống
Thành lập câu bị động
Cấu trúc câu bị động theo các thì:
|Thì||Cấu trúc câu bị động||Ví dụ câu bị động|
|Thì hiện tại đơn||S + am/is/are + PP + (by +O).||Ex: He waters flowers everyday.
→ Flowers are watered everyday.
|Thì quá khứ đơn||S + was/were + PP +(by +O).||Ex: The storm destroyed the city last night.
→ The city was destroyed by the storm last night.
|Thì hiện tại tiếp diễn||S + am/is/are + being + PP + (by +O).||Ex: We are taking the kids to the zoo.
→ The kids are being taken to the zoo.
|Thì quá khứ tiếp diễn||S + was/were + being + PP + (by +O).||Ex: They were decorating the house when we came -> The house was being decorated when we came.|
|Thì hiện tại hoàn thành||S + have/has + been + PP + (by +O).||Ex: We have used this TV for 2 years.
→ This TV has been used for 2 years.
|Thì quá khứ hoàn thành||S + had + been + PP + (by +O).||Ex: They had done the exercises.
→ The exercises had been done.
|Thì tương lai đơn||S + will + be + PP + (by +O).||Ex: They will cut the grass tomorrow.
→ The grass will be cut tomorrow.
|Thì tương lai tiếp diễn||S + will + be + being + PP + (by +O).||Ex: She will be cooking dinner when you come here tomorrow.
→ Dinner will be being cooked (by her) when you come here tomorrow.
|Thì tương lai hoàn thành||S + will + have + been + PP + (by +O).||Ex: They will have finished the course by the end of this month.
→ The course will have been finished by the end of this month.
Cách chuyển câu chủ động sang câu bị động
– Xác định các thành phần của câu chủ động, thì thời của câu bị động
– Tiến hành xác định chủ ngữ mới, tân ngữ mới
– Tiến hành chia động từ cho câu bị động
– Tiến hành ghép thành câu hoàn chỉnh
Bài tập câu bị động có đáp án
Task 1. Choose the best answer
1. We can’t go along here because the road……………………
A. is repairing
B. is repaired
C. is being repaired
2. The story I’ve just read……………….Agatha Christie.
A. was written
B. was written by
C. was written from
D. wrote by
3. I’m going to go out and………………………………………….
A. have cut my hair
B. have my hair cut
C. cut my hair
D. my hair be cut
4. Something funny ………………………in class yesterday.
B. was happened
D. is happened
5. Many US automobiles……………………in Detroit, Michigan.
B. have manufactured
C. are manufactured
D. are manufacturing
1. C. is being repaired
2. B. was written by
3. B. have my hair cut
4. B. was happened
5. C. are manufactured
Task 2. Choose the best answer
1. The boy…………………….by the teacher yesterday.
D. was punished
2. “Ms Jones, please type those letters before noon”_ “They’ve already………………, sir. They’re on your desk.”
B. been being typed
C. being typed
D. been typed
3. Sarah is wearing a blouse. It………………….of cotton.
A. be made
B. are made
C. is made
4. They had a boy………………….. that yesterday.
B. to do
5. We got our mail ………………..yesterday.
A. been delivered
D. to deliver
6. James……..the news as soon as possible.
A. should tell
B. should be told
C. should told
D. should be telled
7. My wedding ring …………………. yellow and white gold.
A. is made
B. is making
8. Mr. Wilson is………………… as Willie to his friend.
C. is known
9. References …………………….in the examination room.
A. not are used
B. is not used
C. didn’t used
D. are not used
10. Laura ………………….in Boston.
A. are born
B. were born
C. was born
1. D. was punished
2. D. been typed
3. C. is made
4. A. done
5. B. delivered
6. B. should be told
7. A. is made
8. A. known
9. D. are not used
10. C. was born
Task 3. Change these sentences into Passive voice
1. They will finish their work next week
2. The fire has caused considerable damage
3. The police were following the suspects
4. We’re going to give David a pig surprise
5. I think Alfred Nobel invented dynamite
1. Their work will be finished next week,
2. Considerable damage has been caused by the fire
3. The suspects were being followed by the police
4. David is going to be given a big surprise by us.
Or: A big surprise is going to be given to David by us.
5. Alfred Nobel is thought to have invented dynamite by me
Or: It is thought that Alfred Nobel invented dynamite
Task 4. Change these sentences into Passive voice
1. Your hair is long, you ought to get it cut
2. Keep silent
3. Open your book
4. They made him work all day
5. Police advise drivers to use an alternative route.
1. Your hair is long, you ought to have it cut.
2. Let silent be kept.
3. Let your book be opened.
4. He was made to work all day
5. Drivers are advised to use an alternative route
Or: Police advise that an alternative route should be used.
Task 5. Change these sentences into passive voice
1. The waiter brings me this dish.
2. Our friends send these postcards to us.
3. Their grandmother told them this story when they visited her last week.
4. Tim ordered this train ticket for his mother.
5. You didn’t show me the special cameras.
6. She showed her ticket to the airline agent.
7. He lends his friend his new shoes.
8. She left her relatives five million pounds.
9. The shop assistant handed these boxes to the customer.
10. The board awarded the first prize to the reporter.
1. This dish is brought to me (by the waiter).
2. These postcards are sent to us (by our friend).
3. This story was told to them (by their grandmother) when they visited her last week.
4. This train ticket was ordered for Tim’s mother.
5. The special cameras weren’t showed to me.
6. Her ticket was showed to the airline agent (by her).
7. His new shoes are lent to his friends (by him).
8. Five million pounds was left to her relatives (by her).
9. These boxes were handed to the customer (by the shop assistant).
10. The first prize was awarded to the reporter (by the board).
Task 6. Change these sentences into Passive voice
1. Have you sent the Christmas cards to your family?
2. The committee appointed Alice secretary for the meeting.
3. He hides the broken cup in the drawer.
4. They keep this room tidy all the time.
5. They all voted the party a great success.
1. Have the Christmas cards been sent to your family?
2. Alice was appointed secretary for the meeting (by the committee).
3. The broken cup is hidden in the drawer (by him).
4. This room is kept tidy (by them) all the time.
5. The party was voted a great success (by them).
Task 7. Change these sentences into Passive voice
1. My father waters this flower every morning.
2. John invited Fiona to his birthday party last night.
3. Her mother is preparing the dinner in the kitchen.
4. We should clean our teeth twice a day.
5. Our teachers have explained the English grammar.
6. Some drunk drivers caused the accident in this city.
7. Tom will visit his parents next month.
8. The manager didn’t phone the secretary this morning.
9. Did Mary this beautiful dress?
10. I won’t hang these old pictures in the living room.
1. This flower is watered (by my father) every morning.
2. Fiona was invented to John’s birthday party last month.
3. The dinner is being prepared (by her mother) in the kitchen.
4. Our teeth should be cleaned twice a day.
5. The English grammar has been explained (by our teacher).
6. The accident was caused in this city (by some drunk drivers).
7. Tom’s parents will be visited (by him) next month.
8. The secretary wasn’t phoned (by the manager) this morning.
9. Was this beautiful dress bought by Mary?
10. These old pictures won’t be hung in the living room (by me).
Task 8. Change these sentences into Passive voice
1. The German didn’t build this factory during the Second World War.
2. The Greens are going to paint this house and these cars for Christmas Day.
3. Ann had fed the cats before she went to the cinema.
4. The students have discussed the pollution problems since last week.
5. Have the thieves stolen the most valuable painting in the national museum?
6. Some people will interview the new president on TV.
7. How many languages do they speak in Canada?
8. Are you going to repair those shoes?
9. He has broken his nose in a football match.
10. Have you finished the above sentences?
1. This factory wasn’t built (by the Greens) during the Second World War.
2. This house and these cars are going to be painted for Christmas day by the Greens.
3. The cats had been fed (by Ann) before she went to the cinema.
4. The pollution problems have been discussed (by the students) since last week.
5. Has the most valuable painting in the national museum been stolen (by the thieves).
6. The new president will be interviewed on TV (by some people).
7. How many languages are spoken in Canada (by them)?
8. Are those shoes going to be repaired?
9. His nose has been broken in a football match (by him).
10. Have above sentences been finished?
Task 9. Choose the best answer
1. His car needs …………………..
A. be fixed
C. to be fixing
2. Her watch needs …………………..
B. to be repaired
D. A and B
3. My mother is going …………………….. this house.
C. to be sold
D. to sell
4. There’s somebody behind us. I think we are ………………………..
A. being followed
B. are followed
5. Have you………………….. by a dog?
C. ever been bitten
D. ever been bit
1. B. fixing
2. A. repairing
3. A. sold
4. A. being followed
5. C. ever been bitten
Task 10. Choose the correct answer to complete the sentences.
1. America __________ By Columbus in 1492.
A. are discovered
B. were discovering
C. is discovered
D. was discovered
2. Parrots and crows __________ the most intelligent birds.
A. were considering
B. are considered
D. was considered
3. I still can’t believe! My bicycle__________ last night.
A. was stolen
B. was stealing
C. were stolen
4. Mary traffic accidents __________ by dangerous driving.
C. are caused
D. which are caused.
5. Many US automobiles __________ in Detroit, Michigan.
B. are manufactured
C. have manufactured
D. are manufacturing
6. Grass __________ by fat cows on the green meadow.
A. are eaten
B. was being eaten
C. were being eat
D. was been eaten
1. D. was discovered
2. B. are considered
3. A. was stolen
4. C. are caused
5. B. are manufactured
6. B. was being eaten
Bài tập trắc nghiệm có đáp án
1. The photos in a Washington studio ____________last week.
B. have taken
C. was taken
D. were taken
2. The robbers _____________ by the police since
A. have arrested
B. have been arrested
C. was arrested
D. had arrested
3. Dynamite ____________ by Alfred Bernhard Nobel in the 1860s.
A. had been invented
C. was invented
D. was being invented
4. This exercise may __________ with a blue-ink pen.
A. be written
B. be to write
C. be writing
5. Last night a tornado swept through Rockville. It ______________everything in its path.
B. was destroyed
C. was being destroyed
D. had been destroyed
6. When the little boy the car, he was badly injured.
B. is hit by
C. was hit by
D. is hitting
7. Most forests in other climatic areas by human beings.
A. had already been affected
B. have already been affecting
C. have already affected
D. have already been affected
8. The new highway _____________ and built last year.
B. had planned
C. was planning
D. was planned
9. _______________ to you yet?
A. Have the comic been given back
B. Have the comic been give back
C. Have the comic been gave back
D. Have the comic being given back
10. As the patient could not walk, he ______________-home in a wheelchair since this morning.
A. has carried
B. has been carried
C. was carried
D. was carrying
11. Let’s go ahead and do it now. Nothing ___________if we just wait.
A. will be accomplished
C. has accomplished
12. I still can’t believe it! My laptop together with all documents ____________ last night.
C. was stolen
D. was stealing
13. It’s impossible to go along this way because the road is _________________.
A. been repaired
B. being repaired
14. People don’t use this service on special occasions.
A. This service is not used on special occasions.
B. Special occasions this service is not used on.
C. This service on special occasions is not used
D. This service is used on special occasions.
15. How did people learn a new language?
A. How was a new language learned?
B. How was a new language learned by people?
C. How new a language was learned?
D. A&B are correct.
16. Somebody is using the computer at the moment.
A. The computer is used at the moment.
B. The computer being used at the moment.
C. The computer is being used at the moment.
D. The computer is used at the moment by somebody.
17. The detectives will record his conversation.
A. His conversation will be recorded by the detectives.
B. His conversation will recorded by the detectives.
C. His conversation will being recorded by the detectives.
D. His conversation recorded by the detectives.
18. People should send their complaints to the head office.
A. Complaints should be sent to the head office.
B. Complaints should be sent to the head office.
C. Their complaints should be sent to the head office.
D. Their complaints about the head office should be sent.
19. They had to postpone the convention because of bad weather.
A. The convention had to because of bad weather to be postponed
B. The convention had to be postponed because of bad weather.
C. The convention had to postpone by them because of bad weather.
D. The convention because of bad weather had to be postponed.
20. They are making a small path around the poor village now.
A. A small path is being made around the poor village now (by them).
B. A small path is being made around the poor village (by them) now.
C. A small path around the poor village is being used (by them).
D. Around the poor village a small path is made (by them) now.
1 – D;
2 – B;
3 – C;
4 – A;
5 – A;
6 – C;
7 – D;
8 – D;
9 – A;
10 – B:
11 – A;
12 – C;
13 – B;
14 – A;
15 – D;
16 – C;
17 – A;
18 – C;
19 – B;
20 – B;
Rewrite the sentences in passive voice.
1. John collects money.
2. Anna opened the window.
3. We have done our homework.
4. I will ask a question.
5. He can cut out the picture.
6. The sheep ate a lot.
7. We do not clean our rooms.
8. William will not repair the car.
9. Did Sue draw this circle?
10. Could you feed the dog?
1 – Money is collected by John.
2 – The window was opened by Anna.
3 – Our homework has been done by us.
4 – A question will be asked by me.
5 – The picture can be cut out by him.
6 – A lot was eaten by the sheep.
7 – Our rooms are not cleaned by us.
8 – The car will not be repaired by William.
9 – Was this circle drawn by Sue?
10 – Could the dog be fed by you?
Change the active sentence into the passive. There are two answers for each question.
1) John gave a bar of chocolate to Jill (start with ‘Jill’).
2) John gave a bar of chocolate to Jill (start with ‘a bar of chocolate’).
3) I lent a pencil to Graham (start with ‘Graham’).
4) I lent a pencil to Graham (start with ‘a pencil’).
5) Fiona told the truth to Julian (start with ‘Julian’).
6) Fiona told the truth to Julian (start with ‘the truth’).
7) They offered the job to Simon (start with ‘Simon’).
8) They offered the job to Simon (start with ‘the job’).
9) The boss showed the new computer to Anna (start with ‘Anna’).
10) The boss showed the new computer to Anna (start with ‘the new computer’).
11) Julie taught the grammar to the students (start with ‘the students’).
12) Julie taught the grammar to the students (start with ‘the grammar’).
13) I sent the email to John (start with ‘John’).
14) I sent the email to John (start with ‘the email’).
15) Lucy threw the ball to the child (start with ‘the child’).
16) Lucy threw the ball to the child (start with ‘the ball’).
17) Sophia sold the car to a doctor (start with ‘a doctor’).
18) Sophia sold the car to a doctor (start with ‘the car’).
19) I asked the question to David (start with ‘David’).
20) I asked the question to David (start with ‘the question’).
1 – Jill was given a bar of chocolate (by John).
2 – A bar of chocolate was given to Jill (by John).
3 – Graham was lent a pencil (by me).
4 – A pencil was lent to Graham (by me).
5 – Julian was told the truth (by Fiona).
6 – The truth was told to Julian (by Fiona).
7 – Simon was offered the job (by them).
8 – The job was offered to Simon (by them).
9 – Anna was shown the new computer (by the boss).
10 – The new computer was shown to Anna (by the boss).
11 – The students were taught the grammar (by Julie).
12 – The grammar was taught to the students (by Julie)
13 – John was sent the email (by me).
14 – The email was sent to John (by me).
15 – The child was thrown the ball (by Lucy).
16 – The ball was thrown to the child (by Lucy).
17 – A doctor was sold the car (by Sophia).
18 – The car was sold to a doctor (by Sophia).
19 – David was asked the question (by me).
20 – The question was asked to David (by me).
Make the subordinate clauses passive.
1) I want someone to love me.
2) It seems that someone cleaned the office on Tuesday.
3) Amy thinks that someone is reading to her son.
4) I don’t like people seeing me in my pyjamas.
5) My little niece loves people chasing her.
6) I understand that someone hit Greg.
7) Is it the case that someone sent the report on time?
8) We avoided people seeing us.
9) I think that someone built the house in 1814.
10) I understand that someone fired John.
11) I like someone looking after me when I’m ill.
12) She hates people laughing at her.
13) It seems that someone lost the papers.
14) He thinks that someone is teasing Lucy.
15) I hope someone will examine me soon.
16) John would like someone to promote him.
17) The cat enjoys someone tickling him.
18) They claim that someone stole the money.
19) We imagined that the storm damaged the car.
20) I believe that someone is preparing food.
1 – I want to be loved!
2 – It seems that the office was cleaned on Tuesday.
3 – Amy thinks that her son is being read to.
4 – I don’t like being seen in my pyjamas.
5 – My little niece loves being chased.
6 – I understand that Greg was hit.
7 – Is it the case that the report was sent on time?
8 – We avoided being seen.
9 – I think that the house was built in 1814.
10 – I understand that John was fired.
11 – I like being looked after when I’m ill.
12 – She hates being laughed at.
13 – It seems that the papers were lost.
14 – He thinks that Lucy is being teased.
15 – I hope to be examined soon.
16 – John would like to be promoted.
17 – The cat enjoys being tickled.
18 – They claim that the money was stolen.
19 – We imagined that the car was damaged by the storm.
20 – I believe that food is being prepared.
Fill in the correct tense. Use passive or active according to the context.
1. When she heard that her dog (KILL) _________ , she burst into tears.
2. We hope that the missing money (FIND) _________ soon.
3. A new bridge (BUILD) _________ at the moment.
4. The President (GIVE) __________ a speech next Monday.
5. Shakespeare (WRITE) _________ many other plays apart from Hamlet.
6. A million people (VISIT) _________ the cathedral every year.
7. John Higgins (AWARD) _________ a science prize last month.
8. The old castle IS LOCATED (LOCATE) __________ in the forest, not far from the river. I’m sure you will find it
9. The driver (GO) _________ too fast when suddenly the child appeared.
10. Bath (FOUND) _________ in the first century A.D. by the Romans.
1. When she heard that her dog (KILL) ____had been killed_____ , she burst into tears.
2. We hope that the missing money (FIND) ____will be found_____ soon.
3. A new bridge (BUILD) ___is being built______ at the moment.
4. The President (GIVE) _____ will give______ a speech next Monday.
5. Shakespeare (WRITE) ___wrote______ many other plays apart from Hamlet.
6. A million people (VISIT) _____visit____ the cathedral every year.
7. John Higgins (AWARD) ____was awarded_____ a science prize last month.
8. The old castle IS LOCATED (LOCATE) ______is located____ in the forest, not far from the river. I’m sure you will find it
9. The driver (GO) ___was going______ too fast when suddenly the child appeared.
10. Bath (FOUND) ______was founded___ in the first century A.D. by the Romans.
Change the sentences to passive voice.
1. One of the cleaners has found my purse.
2. The robber hit him on the head with a hammer.
3. The government has built a new road in this area.
4. The assistant handed me a note.
5. We elected John class representative.
6. Someone has taken my wallet.
7. Many people use bicycles as a means of transport.
8. They advised me to get a visa.
9. They were rebuilding the old road when I drove by.
10. The local council opened a new shopping centre.
1.My purse has been found by one of the cleaners.
2. He was hit on the head with a hammer (by the robber).
3. A new road has been built in this area (by the government).
4. I was handed a note (by the assistant).
5. John was elected class representative.
6. My wallet has been taken.
7. Bicycles are (often, widely) used as a means of transport.
8. I was advised to get a visa.
9. The old road was being rebuilt when I drove by.
10. A new shopping centre was opened by the local council
Change the sentences to passive voice.
1. They haven’t decided anything yet.
2. The crowd was slowly filling the new stadium.
3. Someone has suggested that the shop should close.
4. Dad used a knife to open the window.
5. The waitress will bring you your drinks in a minute
6. Nobody ever heard anything of John again.
7. People asked me the way three times
8. Lots of people had parked their cars on the pavement.
9. The helpers have not packed the boxes yet.
10. They are still preparing the food.
11. They will launch the new ship next week.
12. Christopher Wren built the church in the 17th century.
13. Beckham scored the goal in the 35th minute.
14. We serve all main courses with vegetables and salad.
15. Someone pushed Harry over the railing.
1. Nothing has been decided yet.
2. The new stadium was slowly being filled by the crowd.
3. It has been suggested that the shop should close.
4. A knife was used to open the window.
5. Your drinks will be brought in a minute.
6. Nothing was ever heard of John again.
7. I was asked the way three times.
8. Many cars had been parked on the pavement.
9. The boxes have not yet been packed yet.
10. The food is still being prepared.
11. The new ship will be launched next week.
12. The church was built by Christopher Wren in the 17th century.
13. The goal was scored by Beckham in the 35th minute.
14. All main courses are served with vegetables and salad.
15. Harry was pushed over the railing.
Đăng bởi: Trường THPT Ngô Thì Nhậm
Chuyên mục: Giáo dục